Thursday, August 9, 2012

'Bowling'

Do you like eating meals from a bowl? I think that the bowl is the most versatile eating 'platform' ever devised.

A bowl can hold both dry and soupy foods. One can drink from a bowl. Hey, you can even use it to take a bath with!

There's just something about eating from a bowl that makes it enjoyable. For me, it brings back memories of my childhood when I would be doing my midnight snacks - rice and whatever leftover dinner. And specially if it was sauteed mung beans with pork and shrimp! In the picture, I had beef picadillo. I did start eating from a plate but when I saw the bowl of picadillo, something kicked in and I put all my rice on it.

Some people say that eating from a bowl 'masks' the amount of food you eat. Unless of course you're eating from a bowl the size of a helmet...

No comments:

Post a Comment