Thursday, October 29, 2009

Outdoor photoshoot - 'Still Life'

Outdoor photography is just neat. I'm no photography expert, but for me, nothing beats the effect of natural (day) light on subjects.

The outdoors provides so many options to compose your photos. This depends on your location though, but with a little creativity, you can make even the most boring of locations look amazing in photographs.

Took advantage of a nice sunny Fall day last weekend to take a quick photoshoot at my friend's backyard. The subjects? Nature and a selection from my 'still life' collection. And I think the pics came out decent...


Kaori Kanzaki (from 'To Aru Majutsu no Index'), poised to draw her Samurai.



Miku Hatsune. It was interesting trying to set Miku on the Birch Tree, since the Nendos have small hands and feet, and a larger head :P. Didn't drop Miku though, so it's all good.



Yoko (from 'Gurren Lagann')- Yoko gets a bit hard to pose at times, specially with the rifle accesory. But it makes for an interesting pic!



Rin Kokonoe, easily my favorite photo subject in my Nendoroid lineup. I think I could've used a light reflector here though, to give more brightness on Rin's face (note for next time).



Group pic on the fence: From right to left, Nagi, Miku, Rin, Kureha, Yoko, and Zange. Immediately after I took this shot, a strong wind blew by and Nagi and Yoko fell off - good thing the ground is soft so no damage there, whew.


Photos were taken with a point and shoot Nikon S560, most in macro mode. I play around with the white balance, shooting modes, and the pre-defined portrait options. It's amazing what a small digicam can do now.

Of course, DSLRs still reign supreme, because of the better CCD, lenses and manual options.

But until I get a DSLR (if I ever do get one...), I will squeeze the most out of this S560 and push it to its limits (or to what I think is the limits at least, he he he).

So for now, cheers everyone!!


1 comment:

  1. Ossu.
    I always loved yur nendoro pose.
    The shot is great as always.
    A friend of mine always said that morning sun are you best friend of the camera and she is damn right

    ReplyDelete