Sunday, March 7, 2010

Package blues...

I waited patiently for 3/4 to arrive in hopes that my heatsink/fan for my upgrade gets in the mail.

I chose USPS priority mail, as I have always had good service with them - up until 3/4.

I get the key for one of the parcel/package boxes in our mailbox, and I tried opening it to no avail. Key wouldn't even budge. I tried on the other boxes (labeled P1 as per the key's instructions) and nada.

So buzzkill again there, and I decide to leave a note for my mail carrier and I wrote that I tried the key in the P1 boxes but was not able to open any one of them, and if he/she can move my package to another box with the right key.

Come 3/5, the note was gone, but no key left in my mailbox. Why? I thought I'd give them a day since mail is delivered on Saturdays too, so I leave it at that for a while.

3/6 Saturday. Nothing in my mailbox. No key or anything. I checked and re-verified my order and the USPS tracking number and it clearly states 'delivered 3/4'. So what on earth is going on here? And of all items, the heatsink/cooler too. There's no way I can proceed without that as that is a critical part of my upgrade.

I'm giving them another day tomorrow, and may even wait for the mailman. I will call in the morning to verify with them too.

I guess there's always a first time....

Upgrade delayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment