Wednesday, March 10, 2010

PC Upgrade: Chapter 3 - Case closed?

Time to re-assemble part of the PC case this time around.

As I mentioned, I'm using the same case I originally upgraded with from 2002/03. It's a perfectly good full tower case, so why not re-use. Just a little upgrade here and there and it's good to go.


Nagi: "Let's put these panels together, ne?"

We re-assemble the newly painted top panel first: re-attach the case handles and the 'blowhole' fan grill.


Nagi: "Aluminum handles and fan grill secured."

Next up, replacing the old front panel with a newer front panel. I bought that front panel as a backup around 6 years ago that I ended up not using and just storing. Who knew I would be cracking it open now and actually use it. It is pretty much the same as the older panel, the differences being the newer panel has a different color and has a flip cover that reveals front USB and Firewire connectors.


Nagi: "New face on...eh sorta looks the same..."

And finally, the side panels we put together. Note the 120mm fan on the right side (hidden side) of the case. This mod I did back in 2002/03, to help exhaust heat from the backplane.


Nagi: "All buttoned-up...only to be opened up again soon for the internal components install."

So that's how the case will look like :)

Closing in on the installation of the internals, and the much awaited 'power-on' event. I am hoping that the CPU works ok *cross-fingers*!

'Til next!

No comments:

Post a Comment