Sunday, June 20, 2010

Curtain Panel Project: Finale and Epilogue

With the brackets and 3-rail system installed, we continue with the final phase of the project.

The next that was assembled was the actual panel curtains and the brackets that connect to the top and bottom of the curtains.


The top curtain panel 'brackets' that you clamp and screw on the upper part of the actual panel curtain. This is the one that 'slides'.

We had additional help to cut the curtain panel to size. After the cutting was done, we attached the top and bottom brackets.

With the curtain panels in place, the project was completed and you see the immediate change! It actually turned out a lot better than I expected and I really liked it. Very, very nice! :-D


Before the install....


...and after. Nice don't you think? I chose a heavier 'straw-mat' like curtain panel which I think suited the area better.

So there you have it, the Kvartal panel curtain system installed. We had to play around with the brackets that allow you to open and close the panels by just pulling on one of the panels (left or right).

Some minor adjustments need to be made (I think I need to get additional brackets for the center panel), but otherwise, a very good project completed.


Looks way better than an open section by the hallway. :-)

I still have some leftover items, like the panels and the rail and am thinking of setting up another one somewhere in the house. But that's for another day.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy the new 'door' for the washer/dryer area. Many thanks again to Tofu-san, his wife Takoyaki-san, and our friend Bek-san for all the help!

Cheers and 'til the next project... maybe I should get back to cleaning/unpacking up first right? And I don't have a dining set...still! Gah... we move on... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment