Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mobile blog - Makoto Japanese Buffet

Checked out this new Japanese buffet place in Vancouver, WA called Makoto.

Still kinda new, and it shows with the long waiting line at the entrance, which they say is fairly common specially during dinner.

First impressions - nice place, got enough parking. The food ranges from the usual cooked fare to sashimi and sushi combos.

The sushi is ok. Nothing great (this is a buffet after all). Some variety of rolls, nigiri, and sashimi. I made sure I got my money's worth on this section of the buffet ;-)

I do agree with one reviewer who mentioned the sushi isn't solidly built and some tend to crumble once picked up and moved to your plate. But then again, I guess that's sacrificing some quality for quantity, since they have to churn out new batches quickly.

The grilling stuff is great, and you can pick different meats and even seafood then have it cooked. It's like a Mongolian-style cooking section.

Ah and the dessert is really good, specially the cakes (then again I'm a sucker for cakes). They also have fruits and ice cream, the latter being served in individual cups which is kinda cool.

Service is ok but could be better.

Is this a place to come back again to? Yes, I think so. The price and food is good and worth the drive out if you're really raring for a big meal. If not and you're just looking for sushi only, perhaps check out your closest sushi-go-round or sushi bar instead.

I will come back though since I wasn't able to get ice cream :-D

Itadakimasu!

No comments:

Post a Comment