Friday, April 22, 2011

Indian cuisine

Last week I was teasing my Indian co-workers on how they should be buying me lunch since India won the Cricket World tournament. And to my surprise, they agreed!

We went to an Indian buffet restaurant called Mayura. When we got there, there was a big group of Indians already there and the place was a bit packed. I honestly felt that I was in India for a moment there!

So with some guidance, I trudged along the buffet line and got food. They only serve chicken for the meat and most of the food is veggie-based. And lots of curry.

I got some yellow curry, this 'Indian pancake' deal, some rice, butter chicken (really good and tasty!), and this grilled chicken (forgot the name).

The food is really good, and when I asked my colleagues how close the food was to the real thing, they said very close.

Overall a very good experience. And yes, I'll be coming to Mayura again and bring sweetie there to try out some good Indian cuisine!

If you're along Nw 23rd in downtown Portland and want to try some Indian food, do check Mayura out.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment