Saturday, December 10, 2011

Nice boat :-D

Did a sailing tour with my love a few months back and we managed to avoid nasty weather.

The tour was along the Willamette river and our captain took us around the bridges and even gave us an opportunity to 'pilot' the boat. When my girlfriend manned the boat, she did it quite nicely and managed to keep us on course.

The boat we rode on was a classic Norwegian fishing boat. Aside from the normal sail, it also had a small diesel inboard engine to help it move along when wind is unavailable and for maneuvering.

Once the captain unfurled the sails and shut off the engine, it was so calming and peaceful. I didn't get that feeling about folks talking about 'sailing in the wind' and how relaxing it is, but after this, I believe I get their point now.

I got it enough that for a few minutes I contemplated and wondered what it would take to get my own boat :-D

But I guess I'll leave the seafaring to them - I'm still a 'landlubber' at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment