Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Drawing 101

Went out last weekend with a friend and his family, and had a very nice day. Weather was perfect and all, and we managed to get a lot of things done too. Time well spent, I must say.

We got back to their place, and my friend's wife told me that their daughter loves to draw - and draw anime characters at that. So their daughter showed me her sketch book. And I was totally, very impressed - made my sketches look like a work of a 5-year old (not that I am any good at all for starters...) :-P.

Manga/Anime sketch I made - character named 'Hikari'

I'm so amazed at the sketches she's made, both fan art and originals - she has definitely got a very good talent here. It's very inspiring actually.

Perhaps one of these days I can collaborate with her to draw some single frame sketches for this light story series I am trying to write up. Or maybe even a 2 or 4 panel comic online perhaps? ;-)

Well, here's a link to my few sketches worth scanning, he he he. I'll forward her this link so she can grade and critique my work. I think I need to take Drawing 101 :-P

Sketches

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment