Monday, August 24, 2009

Nendoroid Comic 00 - "Pando-Rin's Box"

What is a Nendoroid, you ask? Well it is a 'chibified' or 'super deformed' figurine representation of a character from a Japanese anime. It can apply to non-Japanese anime characters as well, but predominantly it is done with the former. I guess we can call it a JDM bobble-head...without the head-bobble feature. Here's Wikipedia's take on it - Nendoroid Wiki.



Nendoroid Rin Kokonoe.


I am an avid anime fan since I was a kid. And I guess I can call myself a mild-otaku. Figure collection is one hobby I've also had since I was a kid and there's just something amazing in seeing 3d renditions of 2d characters. My Nendoroid collection just actually started (no Nendos back then), and to be honest at first I didn't like these short chibi character versions - I found them a bit odd and annoying...that is until I saw one in person and that changed my perspective on these figures. And as you will see in the pictures, 'cute' is definitely a Nendoroid's forte. ;-)

In any case, I'd like to present my very first 'Nendo-comic', entitled 'Pando-Rin's Box'. I used Manga Studio 4.0 Debut software (a nice software for manga/comic creation) to create the panels.
The stars of the show: Kureha (from Shining Tears X Wind), Miku Hatsune, Tsuruya-san, Nagi, and Rin Kokonoe.

Note: Once you click on the the link below to view the comic, select the 'Large' size so that the comic text will be more readable. You only have to do this once and it will apply the size to the rest of the pictures.You can then use your arrow keys to move thru the pictures (4 frames).

No comments:

Post a Comment