Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wii + Netflix FTW

Just added a new option to my Wii - movie/video streaming. Got the Netflix disc for the Wii in the mail today and popped it in and it ran without a hitch!

Yes, of course the Wii was capable of that in the first place, but what I meant is actual movies, TV series, specials, etc. And this is courtesy of Netflix now adding the Wii as part of their supported multimedia streaming device.

Sure, it's component 480p resolution, but still worth it. I can watch instantly as much as I like with a very generous selection available.

I'm seriously considering taking out my basic cable and just leaving internet, and then going OTA with the local channels. OTA is HD already and free, plus the main shows I watch are on the local channels anyways.

And I got the Wii, PS3, and PC hooked up to the living room flat screen, so I have an array of devices for streaming multimedia at my disposal.

Too bad one particular console that I have still requires you to 'pay' in order to run Netflix (or anything online for that matter, sheesh...) ...talk about a money pit.

The Wii Netflix disc works good. Go get it and add to your Wii experience :-)

Now to get back with watching Top Gear....the Veyron almost beat the Eurofighter Jet! Dang! ;-)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment