Thursday, September 17, 2009

3-hour sleep!

Around 10-15 years ago, sleeping at around 3am is normal weekend fare.

I remember the days with my close-knit crew back home. Friday is always 'the day'. Wednesday I'll already be planning for the Friday swing and which Starbuck's branch to wind down after a movie or bar night. And planning group assignments - movie sked crew, the food crew, the advanced party crew - gotta love those days. And 2-3am would be the normal going home time. We weren't called the TGIF-club for nothing ;-)

I would be the last person home, as I make sure my friends get home safe and sound, and some of them carpool with me and I take them home. Of course, there's the mandatory 'text message me the moment you get home, ok?' for those who brought their own vehicles or had to commute. Regardless, I'd still text them to check if they are home.

Only then do I get to sleep - unless I decide to continue a cool game on the PC. The next day would feel like nothing, and we're raring again for Saturday's gimmick. Good times!

Fast forward now - last night I wasn't able to sleep until past 3:30 am and my 'body clock' woke me up automatically at around 6:40-ish am. Ack! 3+ hours of sleep! And I've been feeling sleepy all day - and caffeine doesn't really work that well for me.

I must really be getting old.... but I'm proud to say, still always young at heart ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment