Thursday, September 10, 2009

The New Ipod (again...)

Apple has released their latest offering in the form of the 5th Gen Nano Ipod - Ipod 5th Gen Link - which now has features that people have been wishing since the 1st Gen Nano came out.

First and foremost, the 5th Gen Nano finally has a FM Tuner. Finally. Better late than never. That's been a topic that I always bring up when the Ipod is discussed. Is it that hard to insert a minute FM tuner circuitry into the Ipod? Granted, Apple has its own agenda of course, but now that they finally have an FM tuner onboard, I believe this will boost sales of the Nano.

It also comes with a video recorder now. I checked the specs and another question arose - can it take pictures too? I mean, you already placed video capability on it, photo capability should be on it too right. Apparently it can't and can only take videos. C'mon Apple...what gives?

Nevertheless, the inclusion of the 'lowly' FM tuner is a blessing, and the bigger screen and that the price stayed low too, is good news to all.

They've also incorporated an Ipod Shuffle feature, the voice over feature, that speaks out the song title (provided it is music you got from iTunes that contains the required data for the voice feature to translate).

Will I be letting go of my beloved 4th Gen Nano? I still have my 1st Gen Nano as my car's music player and it still works like a charm. Perhaps I'll wait for the 6th Gen Nano - maybe that version will have internet/wifi capability... ;-)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment