Friday, September 11, 2009

Interview blues

It's been a long time since I had my last job interview.

And I just had one this morning. The correspondence said that I will be interviewed by the head of IT, and some district representatives. As much of a scaredy-cat I am already and nervous as I can ever be, I didn't think much of it.

Maybe 3-4 people at the most.

I got there - and there were 7 people in the room! Ack! :-O

There were points that were sort of surreal, but I must admit, they were a very friendly group. Maybe it's because of their being a school district?

I'm not sure how I did. I believe I can safely say they can't call me a 'stiff' as we had quite some light moments. I do admit that I did miss out some of the questions - two of them which I even reviewed early in the morning. I wanted to hit my head on my car's steering wheel for getting a mental block on those tech questions.


It was amazing that those questions were thrown in, and I did review them. It just...dropped out of my mind. In hindsight, I was able to throw good answers I think. But of course, it's up to the board to decide while we wait.

I must say though, that the interview tips in the web, they came in very, very, very handy. I cannot stress it more - practice your interview. It helps immensely. Look at me, all dorky and all and I pulled off a satisfactory interview (meaning I didn't stutter, faint, or melt in the room of 7 interviewers).

It's been a very good experience, and humbling at that. So now, we move on.... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment